1¼ cup milk, non-fat
1 cup oatmeal, uncooked (use old-fashioned oats or quick oats)
1 tablespoon oil
2 eggs, beaten
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup whole-wheat flour ¼ cup white flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Combine milk and oatmeal in a bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add oil and eggs, mixing well.
- Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour ½ cup of batter for each pancake on a griddle or frying pan lightly sprayed with vegetable oil. Stir batter before pouring each pancake.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on top of pancake batter, then turn over using a spatula.
- Cook the other side for approximately 2 more minutes.
Serving size: 1 pancake; Calories: 160; Carbohydrates: 21 g; Fiber: 2 g; Fat: 6 g; Saturated fat: 1 g; Sodium: 230 mg
Adapted from EFNEP Adult Curriculum developed by KSU & Iowa State University Cooperative Extensions.