4 medium zucchini, stems removed
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed)
1 lemon, grated peel and juice
black pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash zucchini and thyme (if using fresh). Cut zucchini in quarters lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Heat oil in medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini and sauté, stirring constantly.
- When zucchini is almost tender, add walnuts and thyme and cook for about 1 minute.
- Season with lemon juice, grated lemon peel, black pepper, and salt.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 3 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 120 mg