Fruits and Vegetables: 1½ cup per serving
2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
3 green onions, sliced into thin rounds (white and light green parts)
1 garlic clove, minced
4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, low-sodium
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon ginger, fresh, grated, OR ½ teaspoon ginger, ground
3 carrots, ends trimmed and peeled into wide ribbons
3 zucchini, ends trimmed and spiraled
¾ cup peas, frozen or fresh
- Wash and prepare fresh vegetables.
- Slice carrots with a vegetable peeler to cut long, wide ribbons. Place in a large bowl.
- Use a spiralizer to turn zucchini into noodles. Or, use a vegetable peeper to cut long, wide ribbons. Place in the large bowl with carrots.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-low heat and add green onion and garlic.
- Cook until softened, stirring frequently (about 3 minutes).
- In a small bowl, whisk together teriyaki sauce, cornstarch, and ginger with a fork.
- Add sauce, zucchini and carrots to the pan, stirring frequently.
- Increase the heat and cook until noodles soften (about 7 minutes). Stir in peas until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Serving size: about 1½ cups; Calories: 110; Carbohydrates: 18 g; Fiber: 4 g; Fat: 3 g; Saturated fat: 0 g; Sodium: 390 mg