1 head fresh cauliflower, cut into florets (about 6 cups raw or frozen)
1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon) (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon soy sauce, low-sodium
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese for topping, about 1 teaspoon per serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Wash and chop fresh cauliflower. If using fresh garlic, peel and mince.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, turmeric, garlic, black pepper, and soy sauce.
- Add cauliflower florets to the bowl and mix well to coat.
- Spread cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet or casserole dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until cauliflower begins to brown.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese just before serving, if desired.
Serving size: 1/2 cup without cheese
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 5 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 60 mg (85 mg with cheese)