3 cups yams or sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into cubes, and cooked
1 cup green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
3 tablespoons peanut oil or canola oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Combine yams or sweet potatoes, green pepper, onion, and celery in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in another small bowl. Pour over salad and toss to coat with dressing.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
- If refrigerated, toss again before serving.
- A good source of vitamin A.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup
Fat: 11 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 65 mg