1 (6-ounce) box long grain and wild rice
2 cups chicken or turkey, cooked and cut into small pieces
1 green pepper, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
4 fresh plums, sliced
1/2 cup creamy Italian dressing, low-fat or non-fat
- Wash and prepare vegetables, plums, and meat.
- Cook rice mix according to package directions.
- Place rice in large mixing bowl and let it cool.
- Add chicken or turkey, green pepper, celery, carrot, red onion, and plums. Combine gently.
- Stir in salad dressing and refrigerate salad.
- Always thaw meat in the refrigerator and never on the counter.
- Wash hands and everything that comes in contact with raw meat in hot soapy water before touching other ingredients, equipment and work places. This avoids cross-contamination.
- If you like, add other fruits or vegetables to the salad.
- Try other salad dressings for different tastes.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 3.5 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 460 mg