2 (24-ounce) jars pasta sauce, reduced sodium
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 (8-ounce) container ricotta or cottage cheese, non-fat
12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
2 large zucchini, washed and sliced
1 pound part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Spread a little sauce on the bottom of a 9"x13" pan.
- Mix the Italian seasoning with the ricotta or cottage cheese.
- Layer the following ingredients in the pan:
- 4 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese in small mounds on top of the noodles
- 1/3 of the pasta sauce
- 1/2 of the zucchini slices
- 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese
- Repeat layers once more.
- Top with the last 4 lasagna noodles and the last 1/3 of the pasta sauce.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Serving size: 1/12 recipe
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 9 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 630 mg