1/2 cup celery, sliced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed peas and carrots (or 11/2 cups any leftover vegetables)
2 cups cooked rice, cold
1 tablespoon soy sauce, low-sodium
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
dash of black pepper
- Wash and prepare celery and onion.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion. Stir-fry in 2 minutes.
- Add peas and carrots or other vegetables. Continue to stir-fry, tossing vegetables, about 4 minutes.
- Add rice, soy sauce, and seasonings. Stir-fry until rice is heated, about 2 minutes.
- A good way to use leftover rice and vegetables.
- Try brown rice for extra nutrients and fiber.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 2.5 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 135 mg