3 carrots, shredded
1 onion, finely chopped
vegetable oil cooking spray
1 (15.5-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce, unsalted
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, low-fat
12 small (6") flour tortillas, low-fat, warmed
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Add carrots and onion. Cook over medium heat until tender.
- Add beans, tomato sauce, and chili powder. Stir and heat throroughly.
- Put 1/2 cup bean mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese on each tortilla. Roll.
- Serve at once.
- You can add other vegetables such as green peppers, lettuce, or corn.
- Try using whole-wheat or corn tortillas.
Serving size: 2 burritos (each about 1/2 cup filling)
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 6 g
Fiber: 6 g
Sodium: 630 mg