1 pound firm tofu
1/2 cup fresh scallions, diced
1/2 cup fresh celery, diced
1/2 cup fresh carrots, diced
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup mayonnaise, low-fat
- Drain tofu. Wrap in layers of paper towels to dry.
- Place a heavy object, such as a skillet, on top of tofu and let it sit while you prepare other ingredients.
- Wash and dice vegetables, if using.
- Mash tofu well with a fork. Stir in mustard, spices, and mayonnaise. Gently stir in vegetables.
- Use as a sandwich spread or serve on a bed of crisp greens.
- Use a variety of chopped vegetables for different tastes and textures.
Serving size: 1/2 cup (with diced vegetables)
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/4 cup
Fat: 7 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 240 mg