1 to 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- Place 1 to 2 cups quick-cooking oats in ungreased 10x15" jellyroll pan, roasting pan, or cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven preheated to 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool and store in tightly covered container in refrigerator for up to 6 months.
Use toasted oats:
- in place of bread crumbs, bran or wheat germ, and in some cases in place of nuts
- in meat loaf mixtures
- sprinkled over hot and cold cereals
- sprinkled on salads
- stirred into tuna or egg salad mixtures or cottage cheese
- in no-bake cookie recipes or drop cookie recipes
Toasted oats are high in fiber, low in calories, and low in cost!
Serving size: 1/4 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 0 cups
Fat: 1.5 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 0 mg