1/8 cup onion, chopped
2 cups taioba (elephant's ears greens)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
dash of salt
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add taioba and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender. (Taioba is very delicate to cook. You start with 2 cups fresh, and end with 1/2 cup cooked.)
- Sprinkle with salt and serve.
- Combine chopped taioba with whole-wheat bread cubes, raw eggs, and your favorite low-fat shredded cheese to create a tasty stuffing for chicken.
- Serve cold taioba mixed with maxixe salad.
- Use taioba as a great tasting pizza topping.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 7 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 170 mg