Fruits and Vegetables: ¾ cup per serving
2 cups greens, such as spinach, romaine, or favorite mixed variety, torn
1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained or pieces of fresh orange, grapefruit, pear or apples, chopped
4 thin slices sweet red onion, cut into half rings
2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
2 tablespoons 100% orange juice
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Wash and prepare fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Place greens in a large bowl and top with oranges or other fruit and onion.
- Shake dressing ingredients in a jar or whisk in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss before serving.
- Add 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds.
- Add ½ cup chopped cooked chicken.
- Add 2 tablespoons sliced almonds.
Serving size: ¾ cup; Calories: 100; Carbohydrates: 9 g; Fiber 2 g; Fat: 7 g; Saturated fat: 1 g; Sodium: 5 mg