2 cups lettuce, spinach, romaine, or favorite mixed greens, torn into pieces
1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges or substitute oranges, grapefruits, pears or apples, chopped
2-4 slices sweet red onion, cut into half rings
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon vinegar
1. Wash and prepare fresh vegetables.
2. Place greens in large salad mixing bowl and top with orange and onion.
1. Put dressing mix in a bottle or covered bowl and shake until well mixed.
2. Pour dressing over salad and toss before serving.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds, ramen, or sliced almonds for added crunch.
- Add 1 cup chopped, cooked lean chicken for added protein and to eat as a meal.
Serving size: 3/4 cup
Fruits & Vegetables: 3/4 cup
Fat: 7 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 5 mg