2 teaspoons canola oil
1 medium onion, chopped
11/2 pounds zucchini, cut into chunks (about 2 large or 3 medium zucchini)
2 medium tomatoes, cored and diced
21/2 cups of corn kernels, fresh, cooked
2 tablespoons lime juice
3 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- In a large, deep skillet or wide saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Heat over medium heat until bubbles form.
- Cook uncovered, stirring often, until zucchini is slightly tender, about 10 minutes.
- If fresh corn is not available, use canned or frozen.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup
Fat: 2 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 15 mg