vegetable oil cooking spray
1 small butternut squash, peeled, and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 large onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
1/2 pound carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch long pieces (about 4 medium carrots)
1 sweet potato, peeled or unpeeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 potato, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
10 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
juice from 1/2 fresh lemon or 1 tablespoon bottled lemon juice (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Wash vegetables, especially those you intend to use with peels on. Cut into pieces.
- Place vegetables in a large bowl, mix with oil, lemon juice, and herbs.
- Generously spray a large metal roasting pan or cookie sheet (or 2 large metal roasting pans) with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Add vegetables in a single layer to pans.
- Roast in oven until tender, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes.
- Let roasted vegetables sit out of the oven for 10 minutes before serving.
- Season with black pepper and salt to taste.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 7 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 140 mg