2 cups batatas or sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup carrots, sliced
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1 bay leaf, whole
2 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups chick broth, low-sodium (14.5-ounce can)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Place vegetables, bay leaf, water, and chicken broth in a pot. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for about one hour. Stir occasionally.
- Just before serving, remove bay leaf and add lemon juice and paprika.
- Add corn, zucchini, or other vegetables for a different variety.
- Add 1 cup cooked chicken or beef - a great way to use leftovers!
- You may need to add more water if you add extra ingredients.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 serving
Fat: 0.5 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 70 mg