Fruits and Vegetables: ¾ cup per serving
½ cup dry rolled oats
1 cup water
½ cup banana, sliced
½ cup apple, chopped (with skin on)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash and prepare fresh fruit.
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl, mix and cover.
- Let bowl sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, cook in microwave on high for 1 minute. Or, oatmeal can be eaten cold.
- Serve with a little milk and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Use milk, soy milk or almond milk instead of water.
- Try different fruits such as peaches, berries, or pineapple.
Serving size: 1 bowl (about 2 cups); Calories: 250; Carbohydrates: 54 g; Fiber: 8 g; Fat: 3.5 g; Saturated fat: 0.5; Sodium: 10 mg