4 medium baking potatoes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 475 °F.
- Wash and peel potatoes and cut into long strips, about 1/4-inch on each side.
- Dry strips throughly on paper towels.
- Toss potato strips in a bowl with oil as if making a salad.
- When the strips are well-coated in oil, place on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes. Turn every 10 minutes to brown all sides.
- Try sweet potatoes for added nutrients.
- Place under the broiler for a minute or two for browner, crisper fries.
- Add your own spices such as cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, or paprika for different flavors.
- Keep the peels on the potatoes for added fiber.
Serving size: 4 ounces (about 1 cup)
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup
Fat: 2.5 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 5 mg