Fruits and Vegetables: ½ cup per serving
2 large ripe bananas
- Peel bananas and cut into bite-sized pieces and put into an airtight container or freezer bag.
- Freeze banana pieces for at least 2 hours, but ideally overnight.
- Blend frozen banana pieces in a food processor or blender until smooth. The mixture should change into a creamy soft-serve ice-cream texture.
- Scoop into four bowls and add your favorite toppings.
- Drizzle of honey.*
- Tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder added at the end of blending the ice-cream mixture.
- Tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Sprinkle of cinnamon.
*Do not give honey to children under 12 months of age—they are at risk of infant botulism, which is a rare but serious form of food poisoning.
Serving size: ½ cup; Calories: 60; Carbohydrates: 16 g; Fiber: 2 g; Fat: 0 g; Saturated fat: 0 g; Sodium: 0 mg