Fruits and Vegetables: ½ cup per serving
2 tablespoons butter
¾ cup dry rolled oats
½ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
4 large peaches, pitted and sliced or 2 (15 oz) cans sliced peaches in 100% juice, drained
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
For the topping
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a frying pan over medium heat and add oats, brown sugar and nuts.
- Stir until oats are crispy. Set aside.
For the filling
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add peaches and stir until coated, about 2 minutes.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg and stir until peaches begin to soften and caramelize.
- Spoon warm peach filling into 6 individual bowls. Top with crispy oat topping and serve.
- Tastes great warm or cold.
- Visit a pick-your-own peaches farm with your family and pick fresh peaches for the recipe.
Serving size (without nuts): ½ cup; Calories: 180; Carbohydrates: 35 g; Fiber: 3 g; Fat: 5 g; Saturated fat: 2.5 g; Sodium: 35 mg