1 medium eggplant (1 to 11/2 pounds), cut into 11/2-inch chunks
1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges and separated
2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 pound whole mushrooms
1 medium tomato, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped or 2 tablespoons dried basil
3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons red cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Wash and prepare vegetables and basil (if using fresh).
- Place eggplant, bell pepper, onion, zucchini, and mushrooms in 3 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle evenly with basil.
- Mix oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle evenly over vegetables.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Top with cheese, if desired.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup
Fat: 4 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 105 mg