6 cups mixed salad greens, torn
3 cups watermelon, seeded and cubed
1/2 cup onion, sliced
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1/3 cup low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
dash of ground black pepper
- Wash and prepare mixed salad greens, watermelon, and onion. Pat salad greens dry with paper towel.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredents except oil and pepper.
- Just before serving, toss salad mixture with oil.
- Garnish with black pepper to taste.
- Watermelon is one of nature's juicy, sweet treats! One wedge (about 11/2 cups of fruit) has only about 83 calories.
- Watermelon is high in vitamin C, vitamin A, and lycopene, all of which protect us from heart disease and some cancers.
- Add fresh or frozen watermelon cubes to your favorite juice or lemonade.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup
Fat: 4 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 95 mg