2 cups hot skim milk
1/4 cups corn meal
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup molasses
1 cup cold skim milk
dash of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan over low heat until hot but not boiling. Add the corn meal a little at a time and stir constantly. Continue stirring constantly and cook for 15 minutes, or until thick. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix together sugar, baking soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Stir dry ingredients into the corn meal mixture.
- Thoroughly mix in the molasses and cold milk.
- Pour into a 1-quart casserole dish and bake for 2 hours.
- Serve warm with a light sprinkling of nutmeg.
- Top with frozen vanilla yogurt, fat-free or low-fat, if desired.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 0 cups
Fat: 0 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sodium: 210 mg