1 (8-ounce) container of hummus or light cream cheese
1 cucumber, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into small strips
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 package of 8-inch tomato, spinach, corn or whole-wheat tortillas (8 to 10 torillas per package)
12 coffee stirrers or large toothpicks (to act as skewers)
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of hummus or cream cheese onto each tortilla.
- Place 3-4 slices of cucumber, 2 slices of bell pepper, and about 2 tablespoons of tomato in the center of the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla, tucking in the ends.
- Cut the roll into 1-inch rounds or pinwheels (should get 4 for each tortilla).
- Place two tortilla rounds onto a skewer or large toothpick.
- Try different flavors of hummus, such as lemon or garlic.
- Try different vegetables such as onions, black olives, or shredded carrots.
- Try different tortilla flavors such as tomato, spinach, whole-wheat or corn, and mix them up on skewers.
Serving size: 2 skewers (2 pieces per skewer for a total of 4 pieces)
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 6 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 450 mg
Nutrition information based on hummus and plain tortillas.