Fruits and Vegetables: ¾ cup per serving
2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
12 black olives, pitted and sliced (optional)
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
1 small onion, chopped (optional)
¼ pound Feta cheese, crumbled
8 tortillas, whole-wheat (8 inch)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
½ tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, coarsely chopped or ½ teaspoon dried
2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- Wash and prepare vegetables and dressing.
- Toss vegetables together with dressing and cheese in a large bowl.
- Steam tortillas by placing them on a plate in the microwave for 5 seconds.
- Place ¾ cup of salad filling in the center of each tortilla.
- Fold right and left sides of the wrap into the center.
- Roll tortilla towards the top of the wrap until filling is fully enclosed. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cut in diagonal half slices and serve.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, Parmesan cheese and oregano to a bowl. Gradually pour in oil and whisk until well blended.
Serving size (made without black olives and onion): 1 tortilla with about ¾ cup filling; Calories: 210; Carbohydrates: 24 g; Fiber: 1 g; Fat: 9 g; Saturated fat: 3.5 g; Sodium: 460 mg