4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup raisins
Do not give honey to children under 12 months of age - they are at risk of infant botulism, which is a rare but serious form of food poisoning.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, sunflower seeds, and cinnamon.
- Put the vegetable oil and honey in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir together. Heat on medium heat in a microwave oven for 2 minutes. Add vanilla and stir again.
- Pour the oil, honey, and vanilla into the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. (Don't add the raisins yet!)
- Spread evenly onto a baking sheet. Bake at 325 °F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir well.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Stir again and bake until the granola is light brown.
- Take the cooked granola out of the oven. After it cools, stir in the raisins.
- Store in a sealed container.
- If you don't have a microwave oven, stir the oil, honey, and vanilla together without heating them up. Then add them to the dry ingredients.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 0 cups
Fat: 13 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 0 mg