2 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
3 summer squash (zucchini, crookneck, or any combination), sliced
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon basil, fresh, chopped (or 1 teaspoon basil, dried)
dash of Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Wash and prepare vegetables and basil (if using fresh).
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook onions and garlic until soft.
- Add eggplant, bell peppers, and squash. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and spices. Cover and cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
Adapted from Morten's Recipe Collection.
- Serve over pasta as a main dish or as a side vegetable with chicken, fish, or meat.
- A good source of vitamins A and C.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup
Fat: 3 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 5 mg