Fruits and Vegetables: ¼ cup per serving
2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
3 cups brown rice, cooked and cooled
1 carrot, peeled and cut into quarter inch slices
1 small green or red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 small onion, chopped
½ cup broccoli, chopped
2 tablespoons soy sauce, low-sodium
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 eggs, beaten
¾ cup cooked chicken, in bite-sized pieces (optional)
- Wash and prepare fresh vegetables.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat; add rice and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in: carrot, vegetables, soy sauce, black pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Remove rice and vegetable mixture from pan and set aside.
- Reheat pan, add eggs and scramble.
- Combine vegetable mixture with scrambled eggs.
- Add cooked chicken, and heat thoroughly.
Serving size (without chicken): 1 cup; Calories: 210; Carbohydrates: 29 g; Fiber: 3 g; Fat: 8 g; Saturated fat: 1.5 g; Sodium: 240 mg