Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup per serving
4 ears of corn, raw
2 green onions, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (use gloves when handling hot pepper)
¾ cup radishes, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper, dash
- Wash and prepare fresh vegetables and herbs.
- Remove corn kernels from cob.
- Mix corn, green onions, and jalapeño pepper in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add lime juice and olive oil and toss gently.
- Add radishes and cilantro before serving.
- Add beans such as black beans for added protein and fiber.
- Serve along with quesadillas or on top of lettuce.
Serving size: about 1 cup; Calories: 150; Carbohydrates: 20 g; Fiber: 2 g; Fat: 8 g; Saturated fat: 1.5 g; Sodium: 45 mg