2 cups cooked brown rice
vegetable oil cooking spray
3 gloves garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup cabbage, chopped
1 cup cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/4 cup water
2 stalks celery, sliced
4 mushrooms, sliced
lemon juice, cider vinegar, or low-sodium soy sauce as desired
- Prepare brown rice according to package instructions.
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over high heat. Add garlic, ginger, and onion. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli, carrots, cabbage, and cauliflower.
- Add water, cover pan, and cook for about 2 minutes. Vegetables should retain their bright color and stay crisp.
- Remove cover and add remaining vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice. Add lemon juice, vinegar, or soy sauce as desired.
- Cabbage is a good source of vitamin C.
- Use leftover rice for a quick and delicious meal.
Serving size: 1 cup (without soy sauce)
Fruits and Vegetables: 3/4 cup
Fat: 1 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 35 mg