Fruits and Vegetables: ¼ cup per serving
2 eggs, large
1 slice whole-wheat bread or 1 whole-wheat tortilla (6-inch)
1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, low-fat, shredded
1 tomato, sliced
- Wash and slice tomato.
- Beat eggs in microwave-safe bowl using a fork.
- Cook eggs in microwave for 45-60 seconds. Take out and stir. Place back in microwave for 30 more seconds. When done, eggs should be fluffy, not runny.
- Spread cooked eggs on bread or tortilla and top with cheese and tomato slices.
- Serve this “face-up” sandwich warm.
- Eggs are an inexpensive, healthy source of protein.
Serving size (with whole-wheat bread): 1 sandwich; Calories: 230; Carbohydrates: 16 g; Fiber: 0 g; Fat: 11 g; Saturated Fat: 3.5 g; Sodium: 320 mg
Adapted from Massachusetts WIC