1 cup onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1 1/3 cup water
1 cup couscous
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Wash peas if using fresh.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onions until lightly browned, 5-10 minutes.
- Add the peas, sage, water, couscous, and salt if desired.
- Cover and cook on low until peas are tender but still bright green and all of the water is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges or balsamic vinegar.
- Try whole-wheat couscous for extra fiber.
Serving size: 1 cup (with salt)
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 1.5 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 190 mg