1 large cucumber (1 cup) peeled, seeded, and diced
1 orange, peeled and diced or 1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
1 small tomato, diced
2 green onions or scallions, minced
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (adjust amount to taste)
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
- Wash and prepare fruits and vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips.
- Use as a topping in pita pocket sandwiches filled with tuna, chicken, or turkey salad.
- Mix with couscous for a delicious side dish.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of salsa over each serving of chicken or fish.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 2.5 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 0 mg