Fruits and Vegetables: ½ cup per serving
1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
1 orange, peeled and diced or 1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
1 small tomato, diced 2 green onions or scallions, minced
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (adjust amount to taste)
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
- Wash and prepare fresh vegetables and orange.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss thoroughly.
- Use as a salsa dip with baked tortilla chips.
- Use as a topping in pita pocket sandwiches filled with tuna, chicken,or turkey salad.
- Mix with couscous for a delicious side dish.
- Spoon 3 tablsepoons of salsa over each serving of chicken or fish.
Serving size: about ½ cup; Calories: 45; Carbohydrates: 5 g; Fiber: 1 g; Fat: 2.5 g; Saturated fat: 0 g; Sodium: 0 mg