1 (12-ounce bag) of tri-color spiral pasta
2 cups fresh broccoli, cut into pieces
2-3 large tomatoes, sliced into wedges
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
other vegetables as desired
1/4 cup Caesar or Italian salad dressing, low-fat
- Cook pasta until tender, following directions on package. Rinse with cold water. Chill in refrigerator.
- Rinse broccoli and cut into bite-sized pieces. (If you prefer brighter and milder flavored broccoli, steam it over simmering water just until it is bright green and tender, but firm.)
- Wash and cut tomatoes, green bell pepper, and other vegetables as desired.
- Mix pasta, vegetables and salad dressing in a bowl and toss well.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Use whole-grain pasta for extra fiber and nutrients.
Serving size: 1 cup (with low-fat Italian dressing)
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 serving
Sodium: 90 mg