1 teaspoon vegetable oil
4 chicken breast halves, skin and bones removed
1 onion, cut into wedges
4 ounces thin spaghetti, broken into pieces
1 small green bell pepper, cut in strips
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground oregano
1 tablespoon chopped dried parsley (or 2 tablespoons fresh)
1 (14.5-ounce) can tomatoes, diced, unsalted OR 2 cups fresh tomatoes, peeled, diced
1/4 cup water
1 bay leaf
- Wash and prepare vegetables and herbs (if using fresh).
- Heat oil in skillet. Brown chicken breasts on each side.
- Add onion, spaghetti, and green bell pepper around chicken.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Pour tomatoes and water over top of chicken. Add bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 15 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Always thaw meat in the refrigerator and never on the counter.
- Wash hands and everything that comes in contact with raw meat in hot, soapy water before touching other ingredients, equipment and work places. This avoids cross-contamination.
Serving size: 1/4 recipe
Fruits and Vegetables: 3/4 cup
Fat: 5 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 150 mg