4 cups calabaza or pumpkin, diced in 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 cup onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
2 cups tomatoes, chopped
2 cups green beans, cut, fresh, frozen, or canned, drained
1 cup corn, fresh, frozen, or canned, drained
1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash calabaza, cut in half and remove seeds. Peel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Wash and prepare all other vegetables.
- Place all ingredients in large skillet and cover.
- Cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately.
- A good source of vitamins A and C.
- Shop at your local farmer's market for fresh, locally grown produce.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup
Fat: 0 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 10 mg