3 cups calabaza or pumpkin, fresh
2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk, low-fat or skim
vegetable oil cooking spray
- Wash calabaza or pumpkin, cut in half, and remove seeds. Peel and cut into pieces.
- Boil calabaza until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain calabaza and mash thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add eggs, butter, cinnamon, flour, sugar, and milk to mashed calabaza.
- Spray a 9"x13" baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and bake until firm in the center, about 40 minutes.
- Refrigerate. Serve chilled.
- A great source of vitamin A.
- When fresh calabaza or pumpkin are not in season, try canned pumpkin.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/4 cup
Fat: 7 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 45 mg