Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup per serving
1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium green or red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
1 small head green cabbage, chopped
2-4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce, low-sodium
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Add onions, peppers, cabbage, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat until the vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- Stir in soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Serve with brown rice or barley for a main dish.
- Add other vegetables such as broccoli, zucchini, or eggplant.
- To add some spice, add 1-2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger.
Serving size: 1 cup; Calories: 80; Carbohydrates: 12 g; Fiber: 4 g; Fat: 2.5 g; Saturated fat: 0; Sodium: 220 mg