3 large firm tomatoes
1/2 pound (8oz) cottage cheese, low-fat
1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
vegetable oil cooking spray
- Set oven to BROIL.
- Spray the broiler pan with cooking spray
- Wash tomatoes and cut in half.
- Mix cottage cheese, basil, and pepper.
- Spread cheese on tomato halves.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and spray with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Place prepared tomatoes on broiler pan and broil about 10 minutes.
- Serve with baked fish or chicken.
- Visit a local farmers' market for tomatoes in season.
Serving size: 2 tomato halves
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup
Fat: 2 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 380 mg