Fruits and Vegetables: ½ cup per serving
1 (20oz) can pineapple chunks, packed in 100% juice, drained
1 (6oz) container lemon yogurt, non-fat or low-fat
1 pint fresh blueberries (2 cups)
½ cup granola, low-fat
Cinnamon to sprinkle on top, (optional)
- Rinse blueberries in cold water and remove stems.
- Mix together drained pineapple chunks and yogurt.
- Assemble parfait in eight glasses. First add a layer of the pineapple-yogurt mixture followed by a layer of blueberries and then a layer of granola.
- Repeat layering until all ingredients are used.
- Sprinkle top with cinnamon, if desired.
- Chill in refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- For best taste, serve soon after preparing.
- Try with other fresh berries in season, such as strawberries or raspberries.
- Use defrosted (with liquid drained) frozen berries when fresh is not available.
Serving size (using low-fat lemon yogurt): ½ cup; Calories: 90; Carbohydrates: 22 g; Fiber: 2 g; Fat: 1 g; Saturated Fat: 0 g; Sodium: 30 mg
Adapted from the Produce for Better Healthy Foundation (PBH)