Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup per serving
1½ cups green kale leaves, finely chopped
½ cup vanilla yogurt, non-fat or low-fat
1 banana, medium, peeled
2 cups mixed berries, fresh (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries)
2 cups ice
- Wash berries and gently pat dry. Remove stems, if using strawberries.
- Wash kale and pull leaves off the stems. Discard stems.
- Place kale leaves into blender followed by yogurt, banana, berries and ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Smoothies are a refreshing and nutritious drink on a hot summer day.
- Omit ice if using frozen berries.
Serving size (made with low-fat yogurt): 1 cup; Calories: 120; Carbohydrates: 25 g; Fiber: 5 g; Fat: 1 g; Saturated fat: 0 g; Sodium: 40 mg
Chartwells Food Service