Fruits and Vegetables: ½ cup per serving
1 cup strawberries, fresh
1 cup blueberries, fresh
1 cup blackberries, fresh
½ cup strawberry preserves
2 cups buttermilk pancake mix
Vegetable oil cooking spray
½ cup vanilla yogurt, non-fat or low-fat (optional)
- Gently wash berries and pat dry. Remove leaves and slice strawberries.
- To make pancake filling, mix berries and preserves in saucepan over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spray frying pan with cooking spray and preheat.
- Prepare pancake mix in a large bowl according to package directions. The batter should make 6 -8 pancakes about 5-6 inches in size. Cook pancakes according to package directions.
- Remove pancakes from pan and top with ½ cup hot berry mixture and roll up.
- Top each rolled pancake with 1 tablespoon of yogurt.
- Use any type of fresh berry, depending on price or what’s in season.
Serving size: 1 pancake with berry mixture and low-fat yogurt; Calories: 290; Carbohydrates: 60 g; Fiber: 2 g; Fat: 3.5 g; Saturated fat: 0.5 g; Sodium: 490 mg