1 pound asparagus, bottom of stems removed
1 teaspoon vegetable or olive oil
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
11/2 tablespoons bread crumbs
1 fresh lemon, sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F.
- Wash and prepare the asparagus.
- Gently mix asparagus with oil and lay in an even layer in a medium baking dish.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and then top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until asparagus is "tender-crisp."
- Serve with a lemon slice on top, if desired.
- Asparagus is a good source of fiber and vitamins A and C. Enjoy tender asparagus raw with a dip or chopped and tossed into a salad.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 2 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 50 mg