1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil or more canola oil
11/2 tablespoons ginger, fresh, peeled and minced
2 teaspoons soy sauce, low-sodium
6 cups cabbage (Napa or green), thinly sliced
6 green onions, thinly sliced
6 ounces (about 2 cups) snow peas, strings removed, thinly sliced
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 cup roasted peanuts, cashews, or sunflower seeds (optional)
black pepper to taste
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix cabbage and remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Toss salad with enough dressing to coat salad.
- Season with black pepper.
- Cover and chill. Salad can be made up to 3 hours ahead.
- For a picnic, transport this colorful dish in an airtight container packed in a cooler with a cold pack.
Serving size: 1 cup with peanuts
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup
Fat: 12 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 75 mg