3 ripe, red tomatoes, diced
4 green onions, diced
1 jalapeño or yellow chili pepper, minced, or 1 can green chilies, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, ground
4 medium ears of cooked corn, cut off the cob (about 2 cups) or 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
11/2 cups cooked black beans or 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Wash and prepare vegetables and herbs.
- Combine vegetables, except corn, with herbs in a large bowl and mix well.
- Stir in corn and black beans.
- Serve as a relish, side dish or as a dip for baked tortilla chips.
- Use only the first 6 ingredients for a simple and basic tomato salsa.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 0.5 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 160 mg