3/4 cup carrots, washed and grated
3/4 cup celery, chopped
1 cup macaroni, uncooked
2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
2 (6-ounce) cans chunk light tuna, water-packed, drained
1/2 cup mayonnaise-type salad dressing, low-fat
2 tablespoons onion, minced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash and prepare celery and carrots.
- Boil water. Add macaroni and cook until tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain well and let cool at least 10 minutes.
- Combine cooked macaroni, tuna, eggs, celery, and carrots in a large bowl.
- Stir together salad dressing, onion, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss. Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with fruit slices and a side salad or vegetable soup.
- Try whole-wheat macaroni for added fiber and nutrients.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/3 cup
Fat: 10 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 350 mg