1 cup tomato, diced and seeded
2 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped (or 1 teaspoon basil, dried, crushed)
1 teaspoon mint, fresh, finely chopped (1/4 teaspoon mint, dried, crushed)
1 tablespoon scallions, thinly sliced
2 teaspoon lime juice, fresh
2 teaspoons olive oil
- Wash and prepare fresh vegetables and herbs.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and gently mix.
- Add 1/3 cup of corn for color and flavor.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips, whole-wheat crackers or raw vegetables.
- Use salsa as a sauce over baked or broiled chicken, fish, or tofu.
Serving size: 1/4 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/4 cup
Fat: 2.5 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 0 mg