2 1/2 cups fresh winter squash (such as acorn or butternut), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 1/2 cups cooking apples (such as MacIntosh or Granny Smith) peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Wash and prepare squash and apples.
- Alternate layers of squash and apples in an 8"x8" pan. End with apples on top.
- Sprinkle spices over top layer.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake until squash is tender, about 45-60 minutes.
- Keep peel on the apples for added fiber.
- Winter squash is a good source of vitamin A.
- Serve with roast chicken or turkey.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 0 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 0 mg