1 pound green beans, fresh, frozen, or canned
1 teaspoon butter, unsalted
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon flour
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried ground oregano
1 (14.5-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Wash green beans and trim, if using fresh.
- Cook green beans until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside. (Skip this step if using canned beans.)
- Chop onion and cook in butter until tender.
- Add flour, oregano, and garlic powder to onions. Blend and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and green beans to onion mixture. Cook over low heat until heated thoroughly.
- Serve with fish or chicken.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1 cup
Fat: 1 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 105 mg