1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
3/4 cup apple, diced
3 cups cabbage, shredded
1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
1 (15-ounce) can crushed pineapple, packed in juice
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash and prepare fruits and vegetables.
- Drain canned crushed pineapple, saving the juice.
- Toss together green pepper, apple, cabbage, carrots, and pineapple.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the saved pineapple juice (from can) and pepper. Pour over salad and toss lightly.
- Serve with baked fish or chicken.
- This salad has great color and texture.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fruits and Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Fat: 0 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 15 mg